>> Launch 3rd/4th Quarter 2020 VanGuard
After permitting issues pushed the job schedule out to sea for several months, construction on Hal Jones’ Jacksonville Beach Pier replacement project got back on track over the summer.
The permitting process is designed to ensure that engineering plans and impacts are reviewed and approved by regulatory authorities. Sometimes changes are required as a condition of permit approval. Other times, the approval process itself causes delays. At Jacksonville Beach, the sun is shining once again on Hal Jones’ pier replacement job, with completion of the 1,000-ft. structure expected in 2021.
Also featured in this issue, Leo Vecellio, Jr., Chairman, CEO and President of Vecellio Group, Inc., received the George S. Bartlett Highway Progress Award. The award, given annually since 1931, recognizes an individual who has made “an outstanding contribution to highway progress.” Previous recipients include members of the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives, former U.S. Department of Transportation secretaries, state transportation department secretaries, and top transportation design and construction executives.
See these items and more in our latest VanGuard, the Vecellio Group’s award-winning publication.
Click the cover image or links below for articles and photos about the companies, divisions and dedicated workforce of the Vecellio Group, which includes Vecellio & Grogan and its Sharpe Bros. and Hal Jones Contractor divisions; Ranger Construction Industries; White Rock Quarries; and Vecenergy, the group’s energy division (South Florida Materials Corp., South Florida Petroleum Services, and Vecenergy’s petroleum products terminals in Florida, Georgia, Alabama and New Mexico).
>> Launch the 3rd/4th Quarter 2020 VanGuard online edition.
- Leo Vecellio Jr. Receives George S. Bartlett Highway Progress Award
- Ranger, Sharpe Asphalt Plants Earn NAPA Diamond Commendations
- Eleven Students Receive $104,000 In Family Foundation Scholarships
- Pier Replacement Job Picks Up Pace At Jacksonville Beach
- Hal Jones Working On Docks, Bulkheads, and Placing RipRap
- Sharpe Finishes Paving Work On New Section of Northern Bypass
- Two-Way Traffic Conversion Starts In Downtown Winston-Salem
- Sharpe Bros. Rocks NC Zoo Project To Protect Rhinos
- Work Completed On Averitt Express Trucking Facility
- Ranger Awarded New Road Project Job Near Tampa
- Magazine Names Ranger As Its Inaugural ‘Good Corporate Citizen’
- FTBA Recognizes Ranger With Quality, Safety Awards
- Ranger, V&G Working On Florida’s Turnpike E-Tolling Infrastructure
- V&G Progresses On $146-Million Rockingham Bypass Job In NC
- Vecellio & Grogan Adds To Work Volume With New Florida Contracts
- Vecellio Group Celebrates 27 Employee Service Awards In 2020
- Group Proudly Recognizes Employees With 5 Years Or More Of Service
- Vecellio Companies Maintain Safety Protocols, Provide Essential Services
- Ranger South Selected As Runner-Up For ARTBA’s Annual Safety Award
- HR Roundup: New Hires, Promotions, Retirements and In Memoriam
- Vecenergy Adapts To Market Demand In South Florida and New Mexico
- White Rock Quarries Continues Strong Sales During 2020; Keeps Safety First
- Vecellio Group Contact Information